Quiz #1-Baptism record
Quiz #2-Marriage record
- a) Yes, fils majeur indicates he is of age.
- b) No, feu indicates he is deceased.
- c) Yes, there is no indication she is deceased.
- d) No, she is a fille mineure.
- e) Yes, there is no indication he is deceased.
- f) No, défunte indicates she is deceased.
- g) He is the brother-in-law de l’épouse, or ‘of the bride.’
Quiz #3-Burial record
- a) Female; décédée, agée, and défunte all indicate female.
- b) Yes, feu before the father’s name indicates he is deceased.
How did you do on the ten questions? Let us know in the show notes at MapleStarsandstripes.com/12 – – – if you dare!
Back to Show Notes episode 12