Can you find the gender clues in these records? Answers can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
Quiz #1-Baptism record
- a) The child’s name is Alexis. Is this a girl or a boy? How do you know?
Quiz #2-Marriage record
- a) Is the groom, Adolph Héroux dit Bouillinville, of age?
- b) Is the groom’s father, Bénoit Héroux dit Bouillinville, alive?
- c) Is the groom’s mother, Marie Josephte l’Evêque dite Sansoucie, alive?
- d) Is the bride, Julie Pellerin, of age?
- e) Is the bride’s father, François Pellerin, alive?
- f) Is the bride’s mother, Marie Veine, alive?
- g) In the next to the last line, is Michel Désautel dit Lapointe the brother-in-law (beau-frère) of the bride or groom?
- a) Is the deceased male or female? How do you know?
- b) Are either of this person’s parents deceased?
Back to Show Notes episode 12