There are a couple of different ways to conduct an interview:
If we live close enough to each other, we can record the interview in person.
Otherwise, we can use Skype:
- If you are already familiar with Skype, great! I will handle everything involved with the recording.
- If you’re not familiar with Skype, there are a few things you need to do:
- Check to see if Skype is already on your computer. It might already be pre-installed.
- If not, go to http://www.skype.com/, download Skype (it’s free), and install the software on your computer.
- I will call you at the time of the interview and walk you through connecting.
Before the interview, we will either discuss the direction the interview will take, or I will send you a list of questions. Feel free to add, delete, or alter any questions.
During the interview, speak in a normal, conversational tone. You can ask questions at any time during the interview. Don’t worry if we are interrupted by a phone, a sneeze, or whatever. Just back up to the beginning of the sentence you were on, and I’ll edit out the interruption.
Relax and enjoy. Remember, there is nothing that can’t be undone.
I would appreciate it (very much) if you could email me the following items:
- a short bio so I can introduce you
- a publicity photo for the show notes
If you have any questions, I can be reached by phone (508-892-1225) or email (maplestarsandstripes [at] gmail [dot] com).
Thanks again for participating in Maple Stars and Stripes.
~ Sandra Goodwin